The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Central Africa Constituency will take place from 27 to 30 June, 2017 in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 6 persons per country government, including 2 GEF focal points (Political and Operational) and 4 focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention or the Minamata Convention. An additional 7th person from a Civil Society Organization (CSO) will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a separate process, to be explained in a communication sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday June 27th Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants.
- Tuesday June 27th Morning: Half-day Constituency Meeting.
- Tuesday June 27th Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday the 28th and Thursday 29th June: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, M&E, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday the 29th Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices and key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday 30th June: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.