The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Coastal West Africa Constituency takes place from 9 to 12 October, 2017 in Accra, Ghana.
The GEF sponsors the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (political and operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSOs). CSO representatives are selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Monday October 9 Morning: A CSO meeting for civil society participants. A separate and different invitation is sent out to CSOs and there is a separate application link for CSOs.
- Monday October 9 Afternoon: An SGP consultation with GEF focal points and civil society organizations.
- Tuesday October 10 and Wednesday October 11: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, the GEF Independant Evaluation Office's Sixth Overall Performance Study (OPS6), the facilitation of synergies in implementing multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, as well as capacity development, stakeholder engagement & gender mainstreaming, and green finance.
- Wednesday October 11: Half-day training course called The Art of Knowledge Exchange. This hands on activity shows best practices, key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Thursday October 12: The GEF Knowledge Day uses a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.