The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Caribbean Constituency will take place May 16-19, 2017 in St. George - Grernada.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Monday, May 15, Morning - Half-day Caribbean Constituency Meeting (OFPs/PFPs)
- Monday, May 15, Afternoon - Half Day CEPF Meeting
- Tuesday May 16, Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants
- Tuesday May 16, Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Tuesday May 16, 4:00pm-6:00pm: CBF Meeting
- Wednesday May 17 and Thursday May 18: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding GEF7 replenishment negotiations, Synergies among Conventions, M&E, cross-cutting capacity development, geospatial mapping, gender and the GEF Public Involvement Policy.
- Thursday May 18, Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices and key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and Exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday May 19: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF.