The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Pacific islands Constituency is tentatively scheduled to take place from 25 to 28 July, 2017 in Tonga at the Tanoa Hotel.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday July 25th Morning: half day CSO meeting for civil society participants. A separate and different invitation will be sent out to CSOs and there is a separate registration site for CSOs.
- Tuesday July 25th Afternoon: half day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday July 26th and Thursday Afternoon July 27th: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, the GEF Independant Evaluation Offices OPS6, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday July 27th Morning: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices, key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday July 28th: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF. To learn more about ECWs, please watch this video accessible through http://youtu.be/x4ydOJifLp0.