The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Southern Africa Constituency will take place from 21 to 24 February, 2017 in Lobamba, Swaziland at the Royal Swazi Hotel.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday February 21st Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants.
- Tuesday February 21st Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday 23rd February: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, M&E, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday the 23rd Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge”. This hands on activity will show best practices and key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday 24th February: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF.
To learn more about ECWs, please watch this video accessible through http://youtu.be/x4ydOJifLp0.