The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) is scheduled to take place from 26 to 29 September, 2017.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday September 26th Morning: half day CSO meeting for civil society participants. A separate and different invitation will be sent out to CSOs and there is a separate registration site for CSOs.
- Tuesday September 26th Afternoon: half day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday September 27th and Thursday Afternoon October 12th: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, the GEF Independant Evaluation Offices OPS6, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday September 28th Morning: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices, key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday September 29th: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.