The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the South and East Asia Constituencies will took place from 4 to 7 April, 2017 in Da Nang, Vietnam at the Royal Lotus Hotel.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday April 4th Morning: half day CSO meeting for civil society participants. A separate and different invitation will be sent out to CSOs and there is a separate registration site for CSOs.
- Tuesday April 4th Afternoon: half day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday April 5th and Thursday April 6th: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding; the GEF-7 replenishment process; OPS6; Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development; Multi-stakeholder/Ecosystem Scorecard Simulation Game; Cross-Cutting Capacity Development; Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming; and Green Finance.
- Thursday April 6th Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices, key ideas and methods behind successful knowledge exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday April 7th: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF. To learn more about ECWs, please watch this video accessible through http://youtu.be/x4ydOJifLp0.