The Global Climate Action Summit will bring leaders and people together from around the world to “Take Ambition to the Next Level.” It will be a moment to celebrate the extraordinary achievements of states, regions, cities, companies, investors and citizens with respect to climate action.
It will also be a launchpad for deeper worldwide commitments and accelerated action from countries—supported by all sectors of society—that can put the globe on track to prevent dangerous climate change and realize the historic Paris Agreement.
The decarbonization of the global economy is in sight. Transformational changes are happening across the world and across all sectors as a result of technological innovation, new and creative policies and political will at all levels.
States and regions, cities, businesses and investors are leading the charge on pushing down global emissions by 2020, setting the stage to reach net zero emissions by midcentury.
For more information, visit the Global Climate Action Summit homepage.
- Global Climate Action Summit To Catalyze New Wave of Commitments (WWF)
- Global business, government and agricultural leaders announce land-focused commitments to mitigate climate change (WWF)
- Land conservation steps into limelight as key climate change fix (Reuters)
- Global Climate Action Summit: World urged to step up climate action ahead of 2020 (IANS)
- Gore says US must reassess withdrawal from Paris Agreement (Manila Bulletin)
- Feeding a growing world as it faces climate change (Devex)
- Johan Rockström Joins Conservation International as Chief Scientist (CI)
- Global business, government and agricultural leaders announce land-focused commitments to mitigate climate change (GEF)
- Global Climate Action Summit Commitments Increase Bottom-up Pressure to Raise Global Climate Ambition (WWF)
- CVF press conference at Global Climate Action Summit (GCAS)