The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the constituency of Mexico, Central America and Venezuala took place from 9 to 12 May, 2017 in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
The GEF sponsored the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO).
- Tuesday May 9th Morning: half day CSO meeting for civil society participants.
- Tuesday May 9th Afternoon: half day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday May 10th and Thursday May 11th: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, M&E, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday May 11th Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge”. This hands on activity showed best practices, key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday May 12th: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.