The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) is a component of the GEF Country Support Programme. The ECWs bring together GEF focal points, focal points from the main Conventions (Biodiversity, Desertification, Climate Change and POPs), representatives from civil society and representatives from the GEF Secretariat and the GEF Agencies.
Building on the success of the first year of ECWs in 2011, the 2nd year will further strengthen participants knowledge of GEF-5 strategies, programs, policies, and procedures. The 3 day ECW is intensive and interactive and will be enhanced by the diversity of perspectives brought by its participants.
The ECW will also be opportunity to discuss priority issues and share lessons and experiences from the development and implementation of GEF projects and their integration within national policy frameworks.
Eligable Countries: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Venezuela.
- Accessing the GEF
- GEF as a Financial Mechanism of the Conventions
- UN Convention on Biological Diversity
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
- UN Convention to Combat Desertification
- GEF Support for Enabling Activities
- Results-based Management at the GEF
- Monitoring and Evaluation Policy in the GEF
- Roles of Council Members and Focal Points in the GEF