The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Noth Africa, Middle East & West Asia Constituency will take place 11 to 14 July 2017.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Tuesday, July 11, Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants
- Tuesday, July 11, Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday, all day July 12 and Thursday afternoon July 13: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding GEF7 replenishment negotiations, Synergies among Conventions, M&E, cross-cutting capacity development, gender and the GEF Public Involvement Policy.
- Thursday, July 13, Morning: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity will show best practices and key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and Exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Friday, July 14: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
Previous ECWs in the region: