The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Eastern Europe Constituency will take place from 6 to 9 March, 2017 in Lviv, Ukraine.
The GEF will sponsor the participation of 7 persons per country, including two GEF focal points (Political and Operational), four focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representative from civil society organizations (CSO). CSO representatives will be selected directly by the GEF Secretariat through a process to be explained in a separate communication, sent directly to CSOs. The GEF financial support includes transportation, hotel accommodation and a modest per diem.
- Monday March 6th Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants.
- Monday March 6th Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Tuesday March 7th and Wednesday March 8th: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, M&E, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Wednesday March 8th Afternoon: Half-day training course called “The Art of Knowledge”. This hands on activity will show best practices and key ideas and methods behind successful Knowledge Management and exchange using GEF Project examples.
- Thursday March 9th: GEF Knowledge Day using a project site visit as a basis for learning, including highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF.
To learn more about ECWs, please watch this video accessible on the sidebar.