The Dialogue in Mauritius took place over 2 days and involved 55 participants. The participants included 47% public sector, 22% international agencies and donors, 11% NGOs, 7% academia, 7% parastatals, and 6% private sector.
The main objectives of the dialogue were to :
- Promote in-depth understanding of the GEF's strategic directions, policies and procedures.
- Strengthen country coordination and ownership in GEF operations, and sharing lessons learned from project implementation
- Achieve greater mainstreaming of GEF activities into national planning frameworks and synergies among focal areas
- Discuss pipeline projects and identify synergies and partnerships for their development
The major outputs of the dialogue were :
- Generating greater understanding about GEF's strategic directions and policies with respect to the national policy framework of Mauritius
- Informing stakeholders about the coordination of GEF issues in Mauritius and possibilities for complementary assistance from national environmental funds
- Discussion of the lessons and experience generated from Mauritius' GEF portfolio including the SGP, and consideration of ways to secure and sustain portfolio results