The Global Environment Facility (GEF), with support of the CSP, organized two events for GEF Focal Points in the Pacific Sub-region, coinciding with the annual meeting of the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) held in Apia, Samoa during the week of 10 - 14 September 2007.
GEF sponsored events included:
10 September 2007:
GEF Regional Consultation on the "GEF Pacific Alliance for Sustainability" (GPAS)
11 September 2007:
Side Event on the CSP Knowledge Facility for GEF Focal Points
The meetings involved about 25 representatives from 15 Pacific countries, alongside the representatives of the GEF Secretariat, GEF Implementing and Executing Agencies, and the CSP.
GEF Regional Consultation on GPAS -
"GEF Pacific Alliance for Sustainablity"
- GEF/ World Bank Project Preparation Grant Request for GPAS
- Template for national priority projects for GPAS
- GEF press release about GPAS, 9 May 2007
- Pacific Islands Forum Economic Action Plan 2007
- GEFSec presentation on the PAS - Ravi Sharma
- GPAS: Presentation by World Bank - Sam Wedderburn
- GPAS: A Possible Approach and Program - Prof. John Hay
- Palau Priority Projects
- Papua New Guinea Priority Projects
- Samoa Priority Projects
Participants to the GEF Pacific Alliance for Sustainability Workshop, Apia, Samoa, 10 September 2007