The Vietnam Dialogue was held in Hanoi on 14-15 October 2010 and brought together over one hundred GEF stakeholders from government ministries and agencies, non-governmental organizations, academic and research institutions, as well as international donors and resource persons from the GEF Secretariat and Agencies. The two days of consultations were followed by a large group site visit to a GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) project on 16 October.
The Dialogue Agenda was designed to meet the following objectives:
- Promote in-depth understanding of the GEF's strategic directions, policies, and procedures in GEF-5
- Assess the implementation of Vietnam's project portfolio in GEF-4
- Strengthen country coordination and ownership in GEF operations and sharing lessons learned from project implementation
- Achieve greater mainstreaming of GEF activities into national planning frameworks
- Understand and discuss Viet Nam's proposed national strategic priorities for GEF-5 cycle (2010-2014)
The Dialogue report and final list of participants are forthcoming.