Xiaomei Tan is a Senior Climate Change Specialist. She manages GEF’s Urban and Transport Portfolio. Her main responsibilities include to:
- Serve as a lead technical specialist for GEF’s transport and urban investment, advising GEF management and staff on strategy and interventions on policy and operational issues;
- Lead or participate in dialogues with national/sub-national governments in GEF recipient countries to develop bankable transport/urban projects for GEF investment;
- Serve as focal point or spokesperson on transport/urban issues to client countries, and other external constituencies and expert groups.
Her current portfolio includes:
- The Sustainable Cities Integrated Approach Pilot: The pilot covers transport, energy, solid waste and other key urban sectors in 27 cities across 11 countries. The total investment is $1.65 billion.
- Integrated Adoption of New Energy Vehicles: The project aims to integrate the transport system with the energy system through developing vehicles to grid and renewable to vehicles technologies. The total investment is $135 million.
- Achieving Efficient and Green Freight Development in China: The project aims to improve the efficiency of China's freight and logistics sector and reduce the sector's carbon emissions. The total investment is $165 million.