Do you want to find out why promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment can help deliver better environmental outcomes, and to figure out how you can do it?
The course will help you better understand the linkages between gender and the environment. It will provide you with the knowledge and tools to mainstream gender, and to be an effective changemaker for sustainable development.
The course will give you facts and figures, and a better understanding of the global international frameworks related to gender and environment.
It is a “one-stop shop” for information and illustrations on gender dimensions linked to biodiversity, climate change, land degradation, international waters, and chemicals and waste.
Who should take this course?
The course is designed for those curious and interested to learn more about how efforts to address environmental degradation and promote gender equality can be mutually supportive.
- A specialist working on biodiversity, climate change, land degradation, international waters, chemicals and waste
- A development practitioner working at the international, national, or local level in environmental sectors
- A policy maker or government official working on environmental policies and projects
What will you learn?
- What are the links between gender equality and environmental sustainability?
- Which global environmental frameworks include gender?
- How can gender-responsive policies and projects support environmental outcomes?
- Discover what you can do to promote gender equality and women's empowerment through course modules on biodiversity, climate change, land degradation, international waters, and chemicals and waste.
You will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.