The 54th GEF Council Meeting was held from Sunday, June 24 to Tuesday, June 26, 2018. In addition, the 24th LDCF/SCCF Council Meeting was held on Tuesday, June 26, 2018. On Tuesday, June 26, Council meetings were followed by the Civil Society Forum, and from Wednesday to Friday, June 27 to 29, by the 6th GEF Assembly.
Preceding the GEF Assembly, the Meetings took place at the Furama Resort, in Da Nang, Viet Nam.
- Council earmarks $4.1b to GEF 7, EnviroNews Nigeria, 1 July 2018
- India increases grants to $15 million to handle global environmental crises, IANS, 26 June 2018
- GEF Council adopts US$63.4 Million Work Program, IISD, 28 June 2018
- GEF eyes on implementation of proposal projects, Viet Nam News, 26 June 2018
- WRI Receives $2 Million Grant from GEF to Accelerate Building Efficiency (press release), World Resources Institute, 26 June 2018
- Globe needs action to reverse climate impact: GEF chief, IANS, 25 June 2018
- GEF 6 holds Council Meeting on second working day in Da Nang, People's Army Newspaper, 25 June 2018
- 54th GEF Council Meeting launched in Da Nang City, Saigon Online, 25 June 2018
- UNIDO's food systems approach to build resilience of vulnerable communities (press release), UNIDO, 24 June 2018