This publication provides an overview of initiatives under the GEF Small Grants Programme's (SGP) climate change portfolio which fall under the following thematic areas:
- Renewable energy access for improved livelihoods
- Forest conservation for carbon storage and livelihoods
- Civil society mobilization in support of nationally-determined contributions (NDCs)
- Investing in youth empowerment
- Mainstreaming resilience
- Fostering innovation and knowledge exchange.
Several project examples from around the globe are presented to showcase achievements and best practices in developing community-based, low-carbon, climate-resilient solutions. These examples demonstrate the importance of investing in vulnerable populations including Indigenous Peoples, youth, women, persons with disabilities affected by climate change. They highlight SGP’s commitment to continue investing in and working with partners as a global catalyst to empower local communities using an inclusive and participatory approach that deliver tangible climate solutions, enhanced community ownership of projects, and formulate synergies with a range of stakeholders.
This publication was originally published by SGP.