The fourteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14), the ninth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Rotterdam Convention (RC COP-9) and the ninth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Stockholm Convention (SC COP-9) will be held from 29 April to 10 May 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland. The meetings will include joint sessions covering matters of relevance to at least two conventions and separate sessions of the meetings of the each of the three COPs. The meetings will not feature a high-level segment.
The theme of the meetings will be "Clean Planet, Healthy People: Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste".
The GEF will hold three side events. The first event, "The implementation of GEF-7 in the context of the Stockholm Convention," will take place at lunch time on Monday, April 29. The second event, "Best practices for the management of chemicals and waste in the healthcare sector: results and best practices from GEF-funded projects," is co-hosted with UNDP and UNIDO and will occur at lunch time on Tuesday, April 30. The third is the launch of the new TVE video on Circular Economy and Marine Plastics that will be presented on May 1 together with the launch of the new SGP publication on SGP projects in the area of Circular Economy and Plastics. Click here for a full schedule of side events.
Related GEF Content
- Community-Based Chemicals and Waste Management (Publication)
- Mission to Minamata (Video)
- Mission: Planet Detox (Video)
- Keeping pests at bay
- GEF Assembly Background Note: Preventing a toxic legacy - Transforming the Chemicals Industry
- Containing Tajikistan's toxic legacy
- Defusing Ethiopia's toxic time bomb
- Reducing malaria without DDT
- Embracing the benefits of "green" tea: Farmers call time on unsustainable practices
- Waste not, want not: How farmers are cutting down on chemicals with a natural solution to soil degradation
Related Partner Content
- Sound Chemicals and Waste Management for Sustainable Development (UN Environment - Publication)