The objective of the IWRM Nadi Demo Project is to improve flood preparedness and integrate land & water management planning within the Nadi Basin using an integrated flood risk management approach.
Top Project Results
1. The establishment of Nadi Basin Catchment Committee that demonstrates governance model for catchment management
2. Endorsement of Project Design and PM&E Plan by the Project Steering Committee
3. Development of Nadi Basin integrated Flood Management Plan
4. Increased sectoral engagement in formal multilateral communication on water issues
5. The establishment of sustainable forestry management activities and programs in the upper that involves every sect of the community in the catchment
6. Empowered communities to be more disaster resilient and independent