The GEF Expanded Constituency Workshop (ECW) for the Southern Africa Constituency took place from 21 to 24 February, 2017 in Lobamba, Swaziland at the Royal Swazi Hotel.
Participants included GEF focal points (Political and Operational), focal points for the following Conventions: UNCBD, UNCCD, UNFCCC, and the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, as well as a representatives from civil society organizations (CSO) and GEF Agencies.
- Tuesday February 21st Morning: Half-day CSO meeting for civil society participants.
- Tuesday February 21st Afternoon: Half-day SGP meeting for GEF OFPs, PFPs and CSOs
- Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday 23rd February: The workshop’s topics include interactive exercises and discussions regarding the GEF-7 replenishment process, Facilitating synergies in implementing Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) towards sustainable development, M&E, Cross-Cutting Capacity Development, Stakeholder engagement & Gender mainstreaming, and Green Finance.
- Thursday the 23rd Afternoon: Half-day training on the “The Art of Knowledge Exchange”. This hands on activity launched the GEF Art of Knowledge Exchange This guide offers a practical step-by-step blueprint with illustrative examples on how to design, implement, and measure progress with regards to knowledge exchange initiatives embedded in projects.
- Friday 24th February: GEF Knowledge Day at the LUSIP project site highlighting the themes of the previous days.
The ECW is a unique opportunity to learn about the new features, policies and procedures of the GEF.
To learn more about ECWs, please watch this video accessible through http://youtu.be/x4ydOJifLp0.